We are seeking proposals for 15-minute panel presentations. Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Hiring practices/Employment models
- Shifting roles and job responsibilities
- New modes of description and access
- Shifting approaches to archival stewardship (e.g. post-custodial model, community partnerships, etc.)
- Ethical community outreach and engagement
- Donor relations
- Diversity initiatives
- Navigating social justice issues within the workplace
- Digital and technological competencies
New archival professionals and students are invited to submit proposals. Deadline for proposals is Wednesday, January 3, 2018. Notifications will be sent out by January 31, 2018.
The mini-conference is open to MLIS students, UCLA Library staff, and librarians and archivists from all stages of their careers from outside the UCLA community. The mini-conference will be free to attend. Registration will open in February 2018.